The workshop will cover the following:
- What is the Internet of Things?
- Examples of use in libraries
- Privacy and security issues
- Smart speakers and voice computing
- Automation with IFTTT (If This Then That)
Workshop participants will come away with the following:
- A general understanding of the different technologies that make up the Internet of Things.
- Ideas for how these technologies can be used in libraries.
- An overview of the current state of voice computing and its role in the Internet of Things.
- The workshop will be moderated by an expert, and published author of books and research papers, on emerging Internet of Things technology and its impact on libraries.
The workshop will adopt and utilize the following forms and mechanisms:
- Working groups
- Training exercises
- Case studies
The workshop is suitable for:
- Senior-level managers, and heads of libraries (including deans, directors, chief librarians, and deputies).
- Researchers in the Library Information Science LIS field.
Date and Time
- March 3–4, 2019 (Sunday and Monday)
- 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Dusit Thani Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Student: USD200.
- SLA–AGC members: USD300.
- Non-SLA–AGC members: USD350.
- Includes workshop registration fees.
- Does not include SLA–AGC conference registration fees.
- Registrants will be responsible for their own accommodation, visa and flight tickets.
- Via bank transfer to the following account:
- Riyad Bank – Malaz, Riyadh, S.A. – KSA
- Account No.: 2860431149901
- Riyadh Bank, Saudi Arabia
- IBAN: SA63 2000 0002 8604 3114 9901
- Swift Code: RIBLSARI
- Beneficiary Name: Arabian Advanced Systems
- Email the transfer receipt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share it; Let your colleagues know the good news!